As read by over 3 million people this year in:
- The Single Best Medical Appointment of My Life Was When a Nurse Practitioner Asked Me About My Adverse Childhood Experiences, AcesTooHigh, July, 2016
- PTSD isn’t a He: #FacesOfPTSD, Elephant Journal, May 2016.
- Poet Psychiatrist Dr. Diane Kaufman helps birds fly, ACEsTooHigh, April 2016.
- Making Peace with Anxiety: From I Hate You to Thank You, Psych Central, Feb. 2016
- Boston’s Architect of Community Well-Being: Pediatrician Renée Boynton-Jarrett, ACEsTooHigh, Feb. 2016
- F*ck the Starbucks Coffee Cup & Let’s Get Real about the Bloomingdale’s Rape Ad, Elephant Journal, Nov. 2015 WENT VIRAL POST
- Forget Me Not Father, Elephant Journal, Nov. 2015
- My Rallying Cry to Everyone with PTSD, The Mighty, October 2015
- Anne Lamott Tweets About Caitlyn Jenner & Gets Schooled by her Son: What We Can Learn from
- Both of Them, Elephant Journal, June 2015 (& then Anne Lamott Tweets out THIS article. Really! I checked 9 times!)
- Kiss My Cellulite Covered A*s! Elephant Journal, May 2015
- How Can Anyone Love Me with All of My Issues?, Elephant Journal, May 2015
- Maybe I Have Become the Woman I Needed, To Write Love on Her Arms, April 2015
- Being Real About Trauma Symptoms, To Write Love on Her Arms, April 2015
- “The Value of Mental Pictures: How One Woman Fights PTSD with Guided Imagery,” Spirituality & Health Magazine (& online), (November / December 2014 issue)
- “Why Talk Therapy Doesn’t Heal Rape Trauma,” Elephant Journal, April 2014
- “When School Lock Down Is Not a Drill,” The Boston Globe, April 2014
- “Childhood Sex Abuse: Ending the Silence,” Ms. Magazine blog, Feb. 2014
In the Press
- Women with PTSD are sharing selfies to show not all wars fought on battlefields, Revelist, May 2016.
- Women are posting pictures to challenge a Stereotype about PTSD, Mighty, May 2016.
- The Second Assault, Atlantic, Dec. 2015. Sharing of some of my childhood trauma.
- Christine “Cissy” White as Guest on It’s All Write with Suzette (Suzette Martinez Standring), Discussing Writing to Heal Trauma
- Write to Heal Trauma, Christine Cissy White profile written by Suzette Martinez Standring, Herald News, August 2015
- You Can Help Survivors contributor.
- Trigger Points Anthology: Abuse Survivors Experiences of Parenting, Contributing Author, Little Girl Riding Shotgun in My Psyche, Nov. 2015
- Chicken Soup & Cup of Comfort series contributor (Topics: Adoption, Writing)
Partners, Appearances & Events
- Partnering for Excellence (PFE) Conference, Benchmarks , NC Parenting After Trauma, Keynote (2016)
- Co-founder of #FacesOfPTSD campaign 2016
- Harvard Pilgrim, White Papers:
- Trauma Survivors as Super Users of the Healthcare System
- Expressive Writing to Ease Traumatic Stress
- Writing for Wellness Pilot Prep. (2015)
- Health Imperatives Staff Day, Keynote, Plymouth, MA (2015)
- The Training Venue Guest Speaker, Webinar (2015)
- Mobius, The Mind-Blowing Test No One Knows About, Lecture, Cambridge, MA (2015)
- Guest on Blog Talk Radio Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) with Bill Murray, October 2015
- Pathways, Martha’s Vineyard with Nancy Slonim Aronie, Spoken Word (2015)
- Body Language: Trauma Installation at Mobius with Margaret Bellafiore (2014)
- Guest Speaker: Bridgewater State University, Art as Activism class (2014)