It’s not trauma informed if it’s not informed by trauma survivors. Here, we are a community of peers. The cause of our post-traumatic stress may differ, we may have experienced different adverse childhood experiences (ACES) but many aspects of healing from trauma are universal.
Part of the mission of this website is crating a survivor inspiring survivor community (SIS).
- We can share share writing, resources & information.
- We can motivate & validate ourselves & each other.
- We have the expertise of experience.
- We speak for ourselves about post-traumatic stress, recovery & healing.
- We share opinions & insights and define our needs as trauma survivors.
Hope Isn’t Believable Unless It’s Based on the Truth
My motto “Write heavy – live light” because I don’t believe we shift to genuine hope unless we own all of our sorrow and fear first. Once we admit the truth of where we are at, things can shift, move and improve organically. Until we do that, we’re often exerting a ton of energy “trying” to see, happy, cheery or together. That just doesn’t work for a whole lot of us.
Here, the truth is enough. How do you actually feel? What do you really experience, want and need? How have trauma and adversity impacted you and what tools and techniques have you gathered along the way?
- What skills or practices keep you joyful & present?
- How do you manage trauma symptoms & breaking the cycle?
- What treatment modalities do you hate or love or want more or less of?